Zee Marathi’s popular TV show Agga Bai Sasubai revolves around the life of Abhijeet and Asawari. The former is a celebrity chef himself while the latter is a homemaker who likes to cook various dishes to impress her husband. In the recent episode, we see Abhijeet asking Vishwas on a call to fetch Shepu. When Viswas says that he can’t find Shepu in the market, Abhijeet reveals that his favourite dish is Shepuchi Bhaji and that they use Shepu in almost every recipe in their restaurant. Asawari hears this and plans to make Shepuchi Bhaji for Abhijeet. She later calls him at Soham’s home and surprises Abhijeet by making him his favourite Shepuchi Bhaji.
While Abhijeet enjoys his Shepuchi Bhaji, you can try this healthier variety of Shepu from the show Aamhi Saare Khavvaye.
Shepu Pocket is a tasty dish you can easily try in your own kitchen. The ingredients required for the dish are:
- Roasted peanut powder 250 grams
- Fresh Cream 150 grams
- Maida 250 grams
- One teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Cornflour 150 grams
- A small bowl of Ginger Garlic paste
- A small bowl of Green chilli paste
- Finely chopped Shepu and Green Sorrel Bhaji mix 250 grams
- One teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt to taste
Follow these steps to make these Shepu pockets:
- Heat the frying pan with oil.
- Mix the cumin seeds, turmeric, green chilli paste, Shepu, and Green Sorrel Bhaji in the pan.
- Add water to it and cook it nicely.
- After this mix is cooked properly, add the roasted peanut powder in it and stir it well.
- In another bowl, mix Maida, Cornflour, salt, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, and the cooked Bhaji.
- Mix water in it, add salt to taste and knead this dough
- After the dough is kneaded, flatten it like bread and make bowls out of it.
- Deep fry these bowls in a pan of hot oil
- Then mix fresh cream, cheese, butter and cornflour in a bowl.
- Make a thick cream out of this batter.
- Put this cream in a piping bag and fill the fried bowls with this cream.
- Put grated cheese, garnish it with a cherry and serve the dish
A lovely looking dish with a Videsi twist! Just the recipe you have been looking for all this while. Go try it out yourselves and let us know how it was in the comment box below.