Dr Amol Kolhe’s portrayal of Sambhaji in Zee Marathi’s popular show Swarajyarakshak Sambhaji, has made him a sensation and how. The actor has garnered a massive fan following and is showered with love and gifts, wherever he goes. We had informed you earlier about how Amol has a collection of nearly 150 swords, gifted to him by his friends and fans. Looks like the actor’s fandom is here to stay and his show today is one of the leading Marathi serials on television.
View this post on Instagram
समाधान…. "शंभूराजे महाराष्ट्राच्या तरुणाईच्या मनात रुजू लागल्याचं, भिनू लागल्याचं!" धन्यवाद झी मराठी, जगदंब क्रिएशन्स टीम, Environmental Forum of India, आणि बारामतीकर!!!@swarajya_rakshak_sambhaji @kartik_kendhe @drghanya @mrunmayeekuber @sojalsawant @amolshrotri @aniket.joshi.359 @amitphalke @snehlatavasaikar_official @latika_sawant @pallavi.vaidya.180 @prajakta_gaikwad_official
Catch his performance as Sambhaji in an episode from the show here.
While the nation is going gaga over their Sambhaji, many are unaware of the actor’s past, his background and what led him to acting. We give all die-hard Amol fans a lowdown into his life, his interests and more.
Medical background and switch to acting
- Dr. Amol Kolhe has pursued MBBS from GS Medical College and KEM hospital in Mumbai. He is from Narayangaon and shifted to Pune during his eighth standard, where he studied in a school named Apte Prashala.
- In an interview, the actor revealed that he was always interested in theatre and would often participate in school and college plays.
- When he was in the 12th standard, his father, an engineer by profession, suffered from a paralysis attack. It was here that Amol seriously considered taking up acting, to earn quick money and follow his passion.
- He stared actively looking for work and started his career by anchoring small television reality shows.
- It was at this point, that Amol faced a dilemma about whether he should choose acting or become a doctor. The actor got a nudge from a fellow doctor and friend, to pursue acting. And since then, there has been no looking back for Amol.
- Currently, Amol is seen as Sambhaji in Swarajyarakshak Sambhaji, but has also acted in another periodic drama-Raja Shiv Chatrapati– where he played the role of Shivaji Maharaj.
- Amol also has a background in theatre and has been seen in other television shows, Olakh, Aamchi Shakha Kuthehi Nahi, Weekend Mejwani etc.
- Amol has also explored films and has been seen in Rajmata Jijau, On Duty 25 Taas, Aaghaat, etc.
Personal life and interests
- It takes work to have a fit body like Sambhaji and Amol does his bit to stay in shape! The actor is a thorough fitness enthusiast and often indulges in weight training sessions, in his free time.
- He is also passionate about horse riding and biking.
- Amol is involved in politics and is a member of Shiv Sena.
- He is married to Ashwini Kolhe, who is also a doctor by profession and an assistant professor. The couple has a daughter, Aadya.
Tell us what you like the most about Dr. Amol Kolhe in the comments section below and catch all the episodes of Swarajyarakshak Sambahji, exclusively on ZEE5.