Don’t we wrinkle our noses on seeing karlyachi (bitter gourd) bhaji in our plate? This is followed by throwing tantrums to our mom for making it, a routine in every house. To solve your strong dislike towards this vegetable, we have come up with a delicious recipe called karlyachi bhajji shown in Aamhi Saare Khavayye. If you haven’t liked it the vegetable form, try out the fried version, we bet you will fall in love with it.
Watch the episode where you can learn how to make karlyachi bhajji below:
- 2 boiled karli
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bowl chanyache peeth
- 1 lemon
- 1 bowl chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon hing
- 1 bowl danyacha kut (groundnut powder)
- Mix danyacha kut, chopped onion (very little), coriander, sugar, salt, turmeric and garam masala together. Squeeze few drops of lemon. Then, mix it again to spread the taste of lemon evenly.
- Cut the karla vertically and then make horizontal pieces. Stuff the mixture that you have made in these pieces.
- In a separate bowl, put one cup of chanyache peeth, then add 2 tablespoons of rice flour, and a half teaspoon of hinga, chilli powder and turmeric followed by adding salt according to your taste.
- Add some water in the mixture. Quickly whip it into a semi-solid dough. Use this mixture to seal the stuffed karle from openings and then deep fry in oil. Your bhajji is ready to be served!
So, when are you going to try this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Meanwhile, if you love watching food shows, check out Sachin Kundalkar’s delicious movie Gulabjaam streaming on ZEE5.