What is the first thing that comes comes to your mind when we say summer? Watermelon isn’t it? We all know that consuming Watermelon juice or having it has a fruit is good to hydrate our body. But what if we tell you that we have breakfast dish you can make of this fruit. Yes, you read that right. The expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us the recipe of Watermelon Dhokla.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 medium bowl rava
- 1 glass watermelon Juice
- 1 tbsp besan
- 1 medium bowl shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 2 to 3 lemon slices
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Take a container and add 1 medium bowl rava, 1 tbsp besan, salt, 1 tbsp ginger juice and 1 glass watermelon juice.
- Boil water in the steamer.
- Take a baking tray and spread oil on it.
- Add the mixture in the tray.
- Keep the tray in the steamer for 15 minutes.
- Move the mixture into a plate.
- To give it a tadka, take a Tadka pan.
- Heat oil in it.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 4 to 5 curry leaves, 1 tsp asafoetida(Hing).
- Turn off the gas and add 1 tsp sesame seeds in it.
- Cut the dhokla into even pieces.
- Add the tadka on it and garnish it with shredded coconut and sesame seeds.
So when are you planning to try this recipe in your kitchen? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.