Handvo or Handwa is a popular Gujarati dish is perfect for evening snack, morning breakfast or tiffin. It is basically made with Idli batter and shredded dudhi (bottle gourd) carrot and cauliflower. For people who love to have something spicy, it has green chili paste which you add according to your taste. Today our guest chef Manisha Tai shows us this amazing recipe of Vegetable Handwa which can be made within 30 minutes.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 bowl of idli batter
- 1 tbsp shredded dudhi (bottle gourd)
- 1 tbsp shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp shredded cauliflower
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- 6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup idli batter, 1 tbsp shredded dudhi, 1 tbsp carrot, 1 tbsp cauliflower, 1 tbsp green chili paste, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander seeds powder and salt to taste.
- Now mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Take a frying pan and add 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds and 5 to 6 curry leaves.
- Next add the batter in the pan and cover it with a lid till gets golden brown.
- Turn it upside down and to cook it from the other side.
- Once done, serve it hot with tomato ketchup or your favourite sauce.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.