The grandest festival of the year, Diwali is around the corner and khavayyas like us can’t keep calm to enjoy the delicious Faral made in every Indian household. One among the faral menu is Karanaji made with coconut, wheat flour and sugar. But today our guest chef is showing us a Karanji which has a tangy and a slightly spicy flavour to it. We assure you that your guests will like this appetizing dish and will crave for more.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 bowl wheat flour dough with semolina, chat masala and salt
- 2 boiled and mashed potato
- 2 tsp corn
- 1/2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp mint leaf
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp diced green chilli
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and 2 boiled and mashed potatoes, 1 tbsp chopped onion, 1/2 tbsp rice flour, 2 tsp corn, 1 tsp mint leaf, 2 tsp coriander, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp amchur powder, 1 tsp diced green chilli, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Now spread the wheat flour dough and cut out small puris from it.
- Keep the batter in the centre of the puri and fold the puri as shown in the video.
- Cover the karanjis with sesame seeds on the corners.
- Deep fry the karanjis and serve them with ketchup or mint leaf chutney.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.