We are sure that the name of the recipe has confused you, but let us tell you that Unde is a South Indian (Kannada) word that stands for Laddoo. And today our guest chef is showing us the recipe of Upmyache Unde which is made with everyone’s favourite morning breakfast dish Upma. This one has similar ingredients but is more easy to carry and you can have it at any time of the day.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 25 Minutes
- 2 tbsp semolina used for making Idli
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tsp chopped green beans
- 2 tsp split pigeon peas
- 2 tsp chopped carrot
- 1 tsp black gram without skin
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 3 curry leaves
- 2 dry red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Take a frying pan and add 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp black gram, 3 curry leaves, 2 dry red chillies, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 1/2 cup water, 2 tsp split pigeon pea, 2 tsp chopped green bean, 2 tsp chopped carrot, 1 tbsp grated coconut and salt to taste.
- Let it boil for a minute and then add 2 tbsp semolina.
- Once the mixture is dry, transfer it to a dish and let it cool.
- Now make balls from the mix.
- Take a steamer and grease it with oil.
- Keep the Unde’s in the steamer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done, move it to a dish and serve it with coconut chutney.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.