Every Maharashtrian child is familiar to the word Dhapate as it was a popular word our mom used while scolding us. But did you know that it is actually a dish? Yes, you read that right. Dhapate is multigrain roti which has an irresistible flavour. Today our guest chef shows us the recipe of Udit Dal Dhapate which you can enjoy with curd or green chilli thecha.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 bowl soaked and smashed urad dal
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp spinach
- 3 tsp refined wheat flour
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a bowl and add 1 bowl soaked and smashed urad dal, 2 tbsp spinach, 1 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp chopped garlic and 3 tsp refined wheat flour.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- To make a dhapata, take a wet cotton cloth.
- Take some proportion of the mixture and spread it on the cloth.
- Spread ghee on the dhapata before frying on the pan.
- Take a frying pan and fry the dhapata from both sides.
- Once done, move it to plate and serve it with chutney.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.