Trying a unique and new recipe is something that we all love to do. As Khavayye’s for life, we introduce you to the traditional dishes that are made in the rural parts of Maharashtra. One such recipe is Takatle Shengole that comes from Marathwada. Let’s learn this recipe with the help of our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 glass of buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 and ½ tbsp wheat flour
- 3 tbsp sorghum flour
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp salt
- Take a bowl and add 1 and 1/2 tbsp wheat flour, 3 tbsp sorghum flour, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander seeds powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Now add the buttermilk and mix all the ingredients to make a dough.
- Take a small piece and roll it on the sesame seeds.
- Similarly, make the more rolls from the dough.
- Now take a frying pan and add 1 tbsp oil in it.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin, 7 to 8 curry leaves, 2 dry red chillies, 1 cup buttermilk and salt to taste.
- Now add the rolls in the frying pan and do not stir it.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the flame and add curd to maintain the consistency.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.