Puranachi Poli has been an dish in most of our households. We remember having it with dollops of ghee and lukewarm milk. One poli wasn’t enough, we could have at least three in one go. This nostalgic feeling was awakened by Sweet Potato Puran Poli prepared on Aamhi Saare Khavayye streaming on ZEE5. If you have already started salivating, check out the recipe we have listed for you!
Watch the video below:
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 1/4 glass milk
- 3 fried/roasted sweet potato
- 1 small bowl fried chana dal
- badam powder
- 1 bowl wheat flour
- 1 bowl maida
- 1/2 teaspoon jaiphal (nutmeg) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Mash the sweet potatoes. Heat up ghee in the pan and add the sweet potatoes and a small bowl of fried chana dal to this.
- Add two teaspoons of badam powder, 1/2 teaspoon of jaiphal and cinnamon powder. Keep mixing it.
- This is followed by adding a bowl of jaggery powder in the above mixture. Mix it till it becomes thick.
- In a separate vessel, take a bowl of maida and 1 bowl of wheat flour.
- Add two teaspoons of ghee and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend it well and add 1/4 glass of milk to soften the upper layer of the Puran Poli along with some water.
- Start kneading the dough and keep it away for 10-15 minutes.
- Make balls out of the dough and roll it. Then, stuff the mixture that we have made in the flattened dough.
- Roll it softly again and fry it with ghee.
With this step, your Sweet Potato Puran Poli is ready! Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
Meanwhile, if you have enjoyed watching this show, check out another superhit Marathi show Swarajyarakshak Sambhaji streaming free on ZEE5.