Suran Kadhi is an authentic dish served in the Northen states of India. The combination of crispy koftas soaked in tangy curry can be the perfect meal option be it for lunch or dinner. The dish can be enjoyed with roti, chapati and even rice. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us the recipe of Suran Kadhi.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 suran and 1 potato half boiled and smashed together.
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp coconut Paste
- 1 medium bowl of chopped onion
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 2 to 3 black pepper
- To make koftas, add 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp coriander and 1 tsp salt in the suran-potato mix.
- Add 1 tbsp dal flour and mix it nicely.
- Make kofta’s from the dough and deep fry them in oil.
- To make Kadhi, take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
- Add Saunf 1 big cardamom, 1 pinch of saunf and 2 to 3 black pepper.
- Next, add 3 green chillies, 5 to 6 curry leaves and 1 tsp Kasoori methi.
- Add 1 medium bowl chopped onion, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 tbsp coconut paste and salt.
- Take 1 tbsp gram flour and make a paste by adding water.
- Now add this paste to the frying pan.
- Add 1 tsp tamarind chutney and 1 tsp sugar.
- Lastly, add the kofta into the curry and the dish is ready to serve.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.