India is known for its exquisite variety of spices and numerous combination of masalas. These can turn a bitter gourd into a tasty and spicy dish. To prove the above statement we bring you the recipe of Stuff Karela With Rassa that will change your mind about Karelas. Let’s get started as the expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is helping us with the step by step directions to try this interesting recipe in our own kitchen.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 35 mins
- Fried bitter gourd, deseeded
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp salt
- Take a mixer jar and add 1 tbsp peanuts, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander seeds powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1tsp ajwain, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 peeled garlic cloves, 1 tsp cumin and grind it in the mixer.
- Now add the stuffing inside the fried bitter gaud.
- Take another bowl and add 2 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp water and mix it nicely.
- Take a kadai and add oil for deep frying.
- Dip the fried bitter gaud into the gram flour batter and deep fry them in the oil.
- To make Rassa, take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
- Next add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin, 3 dry red chillies, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp tamarind paste and water.
- Let it cook 3 to 4 minutes and your rassa is ready to serve with stuff karela.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.