A lot of people prefer to eat something light, healthy when it comes to snacking. The food which is deep fried in oil may look delicious but it just adds to calories. Keeping this thought in mind, our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye has come up with the recipe of Steam Masala Vada. This is a breakfast dish which is tasty and healthy at the same time.
Watch the recipe below:
Cooking time: 30-45 mins
- Chana dal soaked in water
- Moong dal Soaked in water
- Urad dal soaked in water
- South Indian Podi powder
- Grated coconut
- Dry red chilly
- Crushed black pepper
- Curry leaves
- Asafoetida (Hing)
- Mustard seeds
- Fruit salt
- Take a mixer jar and add 1 and a half bowl chana dal.
- Add some water and grind it.
- Next, add half bowl moong dal and half bowl urad dal and grind it in the mixer.
- Mix the three dals in a bowl.
- Add coconut, crushed black pepper, salt, half teaspoon ginger, 3 – 4 curry leaves and onion.
- Nicely mix all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Take a steamer and apply oil inside it.
- Since the mixture is not fermented we are using fruit salt to give it a fluffy texture.
- Now make small vadas of the mixture and place it in the steamer.
- Keep the lid on the steamer and wait for 10-12 mins.
- To make the tadka, take a frying pan and heat ghee in it.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies, a little bit of asafoetida and chopped onion.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 and a half teaspoon podi powder.
- Saute the tadka nicely and add the steamed vadas in the mix.
- Add some podi powder, lemon juice, sugar, coconut and salt.
- You can also add a little bit extra podi powder if you wish to, and serve it hot and fresh.
So when are you planning to try this recipe in your kitchen? Lets us know your experience in the comments below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.