A lot of people prefer to eat something light, healthy when it comes to snacking. The food which is deep fried in oil may look delicious but it just adds to calories. Keeping this thought in mind, our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye has come up with the recipe of Steam Masala Vada. This is a breakfast dish which is tasty and healthy at the same time.
Watch the recipe below:
Cooking time: 30-45 mins
- 1 and 1/2 bowl chana dal soaked in water
- 1/2 bowl Moong dal Soaked in water
- 1/2 bowl Urad dal soaked in water
- 2 tbsp south Indian podi powder
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 and 1/2 medium bowl diced onion
- 3 to 4 dry red chilly
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 14- 15 curry leaves
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp urmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a mixer jar and add 1 and 1/2 bowl chana dal.
- Add some water and grind it.
- Next, add 1/2 bowl moong dal and 1/2 bowl urad dal and grind it in the mixer.
- Mix the three dals in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp shredded coconut, 1 tsp crushed black pepper, salt, 1 tsp minced ginger, 3 – 4 curry leaves and 1 tbsp onion.
- Nicely mix all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Take a steamer and apply oil inside it.
- Since the mixture is not fermented we are using 1 tsp fruit salt to give it a fluffy texture.
- Now make small vadas of the mixture and place it in the steamer.
- Keep the lid on the steamer and wait for 10-12 mins.
- To make the tadka, take a frying pan and heat ghee in it.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 10 – 12 curry leaves, 3 to 4 dry red chillies, a little bit of asafoetida and 1 small bowl diced onion.
- Next, add 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 and 1/2 tsp podi powder.
- Saute the tadka nicely and add the steamed vadas in the mix.
- Add 1 tbsp podi powder, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp shredded coconut and salt.
- You can also add a little bit extra podi powder if you wish to, and serve it hot and fresh.
So when are you planning to try this recipe in your kitchen? Lets us know your experience in the comments below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.