Rassa Vadya is quite a famous style that comes all the way from Marathwada in Maharashtra. Giving it a healthy twist, today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing the recipe of Soybean Rassa Vadya. Without wasting much time lets take a look at the recipe.
Watch the recipe below:
Cooking time: 35-40 mins
- 1 bowl of boiled soybean
- 2 tablespoons onion paste
- 3 tablespoons of fried gram flour
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut paste (Vaatan)
- 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic-coriander paste
- 1 small bowl of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon kala masala (Mixture of Maharashtrian spices)
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 small bowl of white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dhana jeera powder
- 1 spoon of red chilly powder
- 1 spoon of turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- Add soybean to the mixer container and grind it into small pieces.
- Take a bowl and add the soybean mix, fried gram flour, coriander and cumin seeds powder and turmeric.
- Next, add red chilly powder, garam masala, salt and make a dough of the mix.
- Roll the dough and make vadi’s from it.
- Add white sesame seeds and coriander on top.
- Add oil to the frying pan and shallow fry the Vadi’s.
- To make the rassa, take another kadai and add oil, mustard seeds, red chilly powder, ginger-garlic-coriander paste, onion paste.
- Also, add coconut paste (vatan), turmeric, kala masala, coriander and cumin Seeds powder.
- Then add some water, salt and boil the mixture.
- Once done, add the soybean vadi’s in the gravy.
- Transfer it to a dish and garnish it with coriander.
Your dish is now ready to serve. Let us know how was it in the comments section below.
For more entertainment, watch the popular show Tu Ashi Jawali Raha.