Do you have a room for dessert after a full meal? Yes, without a dessert, the entire meal feels kind of incomplete. If you are like us, with no control over your sweet cravings, then, Aamhi Saare Khavayye has you sorted. Here goes your Shahi Pista Roll recipe. Take notes!
Watch the video below:
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Bread, as per requirement
- 7-8 teaspoons milk powder
- 1 and 1/2 bowl milk
- 1 bowl crushed pistachios
- 2-3 teaspoons breadcrumbs
- 2-4 teaspoons of castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kesar dipped in milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Heat up 1 bowl of milk in a pan. While heating it, put 1 teaspoon milk powder (you can add more as per the thickness you need).
- In another pan add, 1/2 bowl of milk, 1 teaspoon ghee, 4 teaspoons of milk powder, 1/2 bowl of pistachios and castor sugar as per taste. Drain out all the water from this.
- On top of this, add 1/2 teaspoon of cardamon and 2-3 teaspoons of breadcrumbs in pan 2. This will become a thick mixture.
- Back to pan 1, in the heating milk, add 2-3 teaspoons of castor sugar, 1 teaspoon of cornflour paste and sprinkle little breadcrumbs on the top. Once it becomes yellowish white stop heating it. This will be the Rabdi.
- Now, take the bread and cut off its sides. Now roll them lightly.
- Make cylindrical shapes out of the thickened mixture which was taken out of pan 2. Wrap the flatten bread around it and seal it with the Rabdi.
- Take these rolls on a plate and cover it with dollops of Rabdi. Garnish it with Kesar syrup.
If you have loved this recipe, let us know in the comments below.
Meanwhile, for more entertainment, check out the chat show Kanala Khada streaming on ZEE5.