If you belong to a Gujarati family then you might be well aware of this recipe as it is a common breakfast option in Gujarati households. The leftover rice or pulav seasoned with some masala and presented in an all-new way. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye will show us how to make the tasty breakfast recipe of Rice Paratha.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 45-50 mins
- 1/2 bowl boiled rice
- Whole wheat flour dough
- 1 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 1 tbsp corn paste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp diced Green chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Take a frying pan and heat oil on it
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander seeds powder, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp diced green chilly.
- Next, add 1 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tbsp capsicum and 1tbsp corn paste and mix it nicely.
- Cover the pan with a lid to let the food cook on steam.
- Now add salt and 1/2 bowl cooked rice in the mix.
- Let the mixture cool down to the normal temperature.
- Add coriander on it and mix it nicely.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Take the dough and make puri.
- Now keep the rice mix balls in the centre of the puri and cover it.
- Spread the ball into a paratha.
- Take a frying pan and heat oil on it.
- Fry the paratha from both sides and also add additional oil if needed.
- Once done, you can divide the paratha into four equal pieces and serve it with curd or tomato ketchup.
Let us know how was your experience in the comments section below.
For more interesting dishes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.