Bakarwadi is known for its sweet, tangy and spicy taste which makes it the favourite snack of every Maharashtrian. It is one snack item which you can enjoy at anytime of the day. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us the recipe of Potato Bhakarwadi.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 bowl boiled shredded potato
- 1 medium-sized bowl refined wheat flour dough
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp chopped red capsicum
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp diced green chilli
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- To make the stuffing, take a container and add 1 bowl boiled and shredded potato, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp diced green chilli, 2 tsp red capsicum, 1 tsp Kasuri methi, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp garam masala powder and 1 tsp sugar.
- Now mix it nicely and add 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Next, take wheat flour dough and spread it in a circular shape.
- Now spread the stuffing on the base and roll the spread.
- Cut the roll into pieces as shown in the video.
- Take another bowl and make a slurry by adding 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp wheat flour.
- Heat oil in kadai.
- Dip the wadi’s in the slurry and deep fry them in oil.
- Once done, drain the extra oil with a tissue paper and serve the Bakarwadi with ketchup or green chutney.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.