What do you do when you have extra roti’s left from the previous night? Eat it with tea because there aren’t many options available. As they say “Need is the mother of invention” and this quote perfectly suits our guest chef Prasad Pathak. Being a bachelor he says that he loves to experiment with food. Today he is showing us the recipe of Poliche Balls which is made with crushed roti, shredded potato and green peas.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup crushed poli
- 1 tbsp boiled and shredded potato
- 1 tbsp boiled green peas
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp diced green chilli
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup crushed roti, 1 tbsp shredded potato, 1 tsp diced green chilli, 1 tsp coriander, 2 tsp chopped onion, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1 tbsp boiled green peas, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 tsp coriander seeds powder.
- Now, mix all the ingredients.
- Next, grease your hands with oil.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and make balls.
- Take an appam patra and add oil in all the cavities.
- Add the balls in the patra and cover it with lid.
- Wait for 3 minutes and turn the balls upside down.
- Add more oil if needed and cover it with lid.
- Once it turns golden brown, transfer it to a serving dish.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.