Making use of leftover food needs special skills especially when it comes to chapatis. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us the recipe of Poli Pakoda. Sounds interesting right? Then let’s get started with the recipe now.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 3 chapatis
- 1 medium bowl boiled and shredded potato
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds-cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp diced green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
- Now add 1 tsp cumin’s, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp diced green chillies, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Next add 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp coriander seeds and cumin’s powder, 1 tsp asafoetida and 1 medium bowl boiled and shredded potato.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let it cook on steam.
- Once done, move it to a bowl and add 1 tbsp coriander.
- Now take a bowl and add 1 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp ajwain.
- Add water to the mix and make a paste.
- Take a chapati and spread the filling on it.
- Now fold the chapati as shown in the video.
- Take a kadai and add enough oil in it to deep fry the pakoda.
- Next, dip the folded chapati in the gram flour batter and deep fry it in oil.
- Similarly deep fry the other chapati pakoda and serve it with ketchup.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.