Eating Karanji during Diwali has been a tradition that is passed on from generation to generation. Usually, during the festivities, everyone sits together to make the delicious saran (filling). This time, giving a twist to the age-old recipe, Aamhi Saare Khavayye showed us how to make Pizza Karanji. All you have to do is replace the coconut filling with the pizza one. Are you curious? We have the recipe below.
Watch the episode below:
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 bowl maida
- 1 bowl paneer
- 1/2 bowl pizza sauce
- shredded cheese
- 1/2 bowl chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- salt, as per taste
- Start with adding 1/2 teaspoon of ajwain, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1-2 teaspoons of hot oil in the 1 bowl of maida. Keep adding water according to your requirement.
- Mix these ingredients and knead the maida dough.
- In the second bowl, add 1 bowl of paneer, 1/2 bowl of onion, 1/2 bowl of capsicum, 1/2 bowl of pizza sauce, 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir the mixture.
- Make small polis out of the dough and add the above mixture with shredded cheese. While sealing it, touch the borders with water.
- For Karanji to not open, press it again at the borders. Then, deep fry it in oil.
When are you making this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
For entertainment, check out Kanala Khada streaming free on ZEE5.