When we talk about Indian desserts, one of the first things that come to our mind is a kheer also known as payasam in Southern parts of India. This dessert is prepared on almost all occasions and is enriched with dry fruits and the richness of milk. Our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye will show us how to make this authentic dessert with a twist. If you love pineapples, you are going to love it!
Watch the recipe below:
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
- 1 bowl pineapple chunks
- 1 bowl Coconut milk
- 3 to 5 mint leaves
- 14 to 15 cashews
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 14 to 15 raisins
- 1 bowl Jaggery powder
- Add ghee in the frying pan and fry 1 cup cashews on it and move it to a plate.
- Similarly, fry 1 cup raisins in the frying pan and move it to a plate.
- Add the 1 bowl jaggery powder in a frying pan and make syrup.
- Add 1 bowl pineapple chunks in another frying pan and add 1 tsp cardamom powder and jaggery syrup.
- Add fried cashew and fried raisins to the mix.
- Turn off the gas and add 1 bowl coconut milk and mix it.
- Add some cashews and 3 to 4 mint leaf and your Pineapple Payasam is ready to serve.
We are sure that this dish will fulfil your craving for an authentic dessert. Let us know how your experience was in the comments below.
If you like interesting shows, check out Zero KMS a ZEE5 Original series starring Naseeruddin Shah.