Craving for an evening snack that will satisfy your hunger without making you feel too full? Worry not, the chef from Aamhi Saare Khavayye has the perfect recipe that will satisfy hunger along with being healthy! Whenever your friends are going to drop in next, why don’t you try making Pickled Veg Snack? Wondering how to do that?
Watch the episode below:
Cooking time: 45-60 mins
- 2 chapatis
- 1 medium bowl chopped onion
- pickled vegetables (Carrot, Beat and Onion sliced and soaked in vinegar with sugar and salt)
- 1 medium bowl boiled chickpeas(White)
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame Paste
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 2 tbsp diced garlic
- 3 finely diced green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp red chilly powder
- 1 large bowl moong soaked in water and crushed
- To make the hummus paste, add 1 medium bowl of boiled chickpeas to the mixer, 1 tbsp diced garlic, 1/2 tbsp sesame paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Add salt, 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder, 2 tbsp olive oil and water.
- To make Falafel, take a large bowl of moong soaked and crushed.
- Add a small bowl of finely chopped onion, 1 tbsp diced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 tsp crushed dhania powder, green chillies as per taste, 1 tsp jeera powder, salt and coriander.
- Mix the batter nicely and make tikki’s out of it.
- Take a deep-fry kadai and heat oil in it.
- Add the tikki’s in the oil and move it out once it turns golden-brown.
- Take the chapati and spread the hummus on half chapati.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, coriander and 1 teaspoon sweet chilly sauce on the spread.
- Add the pickled veggies and crushed tikki’s in it.
- Wrap the spread and veggies with the other half portion of the chapati.
- Add olive oil on the frying pan and fry the chapati from both the sides.
- Cut the chapati into even pieces and serve it.
So when are you trying this delicious snack? Let us the response to this from your family and friends in the comments below!
Meanwhile, you can watch the new web series Poison starring Arbaaz Khan and Riya Sen.