Patti Samosa which is also known as Punjabi Samosa is a simple savoury dish. You will get the Samosa Patti’s in any local market which makes it a lot easier. The stuffing of chana dal, spices and cheese gives it a little spicy and tangy flavour. So without much ado let’s get started as our expert chef Devwrat Jategaonkar will take us through the step-by-step process of making this crispy snack.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups boiled chana dal
- 4 samosa patti (ready-made)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup wheat flour paste
- 3 tsp coriander
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 green chilli ginger paste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a frying pan and heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Next add 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp green chilli ginger paste, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander seeds powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp coriander, 1 cup chopped onion, 2 cups boiled chana dal, 1 tsp chat masala, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Move the batter to a bowl and wait till it comes to normal temperature.
- Once done, add 1 cup shredded cheese and mix it.
- Next, take the samosa patti and add 1 spoon chana dal batter.
- Now fold the patti in a triangle shape as shown in the video.
- To stick the patti, use wheat flour paste.
- Similarly, make the other samosa’s.
- Take another kadai and heat oil for deep frying.
- Add the patti samosa’s one by one in the kadai.
- Take out the samosa’s when they turn golden brown.
- Serve it hot with green chutney or ketchup.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.