Onion pakodas are the favourite tea time snack of every Indian and we hold no doubt about it. But today our guest chef has come up with a fusion recipe which is made with similar ingredients but tastes surprisingly different and delicious. Onion Vadi is a fusion of Onion Pakodas and Kothimbir Vadi which makes it an ideal starter for your next house party.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 bowl chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp semolina
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai pan and add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp black sesame seeds, 1/2 bowl chopped onion, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala and salt to taste.
- Now add 1 tbsp gram flour, 1 tbsp rice flour, 1/2 tbsp semolina, 2 tsp coriander and mix it.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased container and let it cool.
- Next, cut the mixture into equal pieces and shallow fry the vadis from both the side.
- once done, serve the vadis with tangy green chutney or tomato ketchup.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.