A spoonful of methi seeds have a high nutrition value and people who suffer from diabetes or digestive issues are recommended to include it in their meal. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us how to make Methi Fruit Shahi Kadhi. Without much ado, let’s get started.
Watch the recipe below:
Cooking time: 40-45 mins
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- 1 medium bowl cashew and almond Paste
- 1 medium bowl boiled methi seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 to 3 dry red chilly
- 1 tsp carom powder (Owa)
- 3 to 4 curry Leaves
- 1 tsp white Sesame
- 1 tsp khada masala (Mixture of Indian spices)
- 1 tsp asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp green chilly, ginger, garlic and coriander paste.
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- Take a bowl and add 4 tbsp whole wheat flour and mix 1 medium bowl of Methi seeds in it.
- Add 1 tsp carom powder, 1 tsp red chilly powder, 1 tbsp kasoori methi, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp ginger-garlic-green chilly- coriander paste.
- Add some water and make a dough.
- Now make Puri’s from the dough.
- Apply a little bit of oil and sprinkle wheat flour on it.
- Fold the puri in a triangle shape.
- Take a steamer and apply oil in it so that it puri doesn’t stick.
- Keep the puri in the steamer and let it steam.
To make Shahi Kadhi
- Take a Kadai and add ghee in it.
- Next, add 1 and 1/2 tsp khada masala, 3 to 4 dry red chillies and 1 tbsp onion paste.
- Then add a medium bowl of cashew and almond paste, salt, 1 tsp sugar and 3 to 4 curry leaves and mix it.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp curd and water and boil it for a minute.
Your Shahi Kadhi with Methi fruit is ready to serve.
Let us know your experience in the comments section below.
While enjoying this dish you can also watch The Sholay Girl, a ZEE5 Original film based on the life and struggle of Reshma Pathan.