One of the most favourite breakfast dishes in Western India is dhokla. This delicious dish is originated from the state of Gujarat. But we have added a twist to the recipe by including green peas in it. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us the recipe of Matar Dhokla.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 medium bowl boiled green peas
- ½ medium bowl chakka
- 1 medium bowl crushed green peas
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 small bowl gram flour
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- pomegranate pearls
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 small bowl coriander
- 1 tsp ginger-chilli paste
- 1 tsp citric acid crystals mixed in 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tsp mint leaf-coriander-ginger- chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- Take a container and add 1 small bowl gram flour, 1 medium bowl crushed green peas, 1 tsp citric acid crystal mixed in water, 1 tsp ginger-chilli paste, 1 tsp powdered sugar and salt to taste.
- Now add water, 1 tsp fruit salt and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the mixture to dhokla container.
- Keep it in the steamer for 25 minutes.
- Once done, move the dhokla’s to a dish and scoop them.
- To make the stuffing, take a small bowl of boiled green peas and add ½ bowl chakka, 1 tsp ginger-chilli-mint leaf-coriander paste and mix it nicely.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tbsp chopped tomato, salt to taste and 1 tsp powdered sugar.
- Fill the stuffing in the dhokla and garnish them with pomegranate pearls and serve.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.