One of the most-famous events in Maharashtra is Pandharpurchi Waari. This annual pilgrimage includes lakhs of people called as Waarkari who visit the town of Pandharpur to meet their God Vithhoba. It is also one of the most organised management systems where every person is taken care of. When it comes to serving food to these many people, they use tons of vegetables and let us tell you that it tastes delicious as it is made with love and delicious spices. Are you excited to taste one of these recipes? Well, today our special guest Navnath Maharaj and his wife are going to show us the recipe of Masala Bhindi.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 2 tbsp grated and fried coconut
- Fried bhindis
- 5 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp fried coriander seeds
- 1 medium fried onion
- 5 fried green chillies
- 2 tsp fried chana dal
- 2 tsp fried rice
- 2 tsp fried peas
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Take a mixer jar and add 2 tbsp grated fried coconut, 1 tbsp coriander seeds powder, 5 fried green chillies, 2 tsp fried chana dal, 2 tsp fried rice, 2 tsp fried peas, 2 tsp coriander, 1 medium-sized fried onion and make a paste by adding water.
- Next, take a frying pan and heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 2 bay leaf, 5 to 6 curry leaves, 1 tsp turmeric powder and 5 peeled garlic cloves.
- Add the mixture in the pan and stir.
- Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Later, add fried bhindis, 3 tsp coriander and salt and stir it.
- Once it is cooked, you can serve it with a bhakari or chapatis.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.