Shashlik is originally a Russian dish which is usually skewered and grilled meat cubes. But since it is mango season, our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye has given a twist to this dish. While this combination is different than the others, it will be worth trying it.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30-45 mins
- 1 medium bowl Sugar
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 7 to 8 almonds
- 7 to 8 raisin
- 1 bowl rice soaked in water for 15 to 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp Khava
- 1 medium bowl of shredded coconut
- Mango slices
- 3 to 4 clove
- To make sugar syrup, take a kadai and add 1 medium bowl of sugar and water equivalent to the quantity of sugar.
- Add a pinch of saffron and 1 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Take another kadai and add ghee, 7 to 8 almond, raisins, 3 to 4 cloves.
- Remove the water from the rice and add the rice in the second kadai with ghee and cashews and raisins.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely and add a medium bowl of mango slices to it.
- Cover it with a lid so that the rice is cooked on steam.
- When the rice is half cooked, add sugar syrup, 2 tbsp khava, 1 medium bowl of shredded coconut and salt.
- Next, take a skewer and add mango slices and cherries alternately on it.
- Take a grilling pan and add ghee to it.
- Grill the skewer with mango and cherries on it.
- Now move the mango rice in a dish and serve it with the grilled mango and cherries.
So when are you planning to try out this at home? Let us know how was your experience in the comments section below.
If you love watching horror shows, check out Ratris Khel Chale 2 now streaming on ZEE5.