Kothimbir Vadi is a popular Maharashtrian starter snack that is made with besan and coriander. But did you know that you can also include some of your favourite vegetables to make this vadi’s? Yes, you read that right. Today our guest chef is showing us the recipe of Korlyachya Vadya which is an addition to the recipe of Kothimbir Vadi. This recipe is truly helpful for mommies who complain about their children who don’t like green vegetables.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup fried gram flour
- 1 cup fresh korla
- 1 cup fried rice flour
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup fresh chopped korla, 1 cup fried gram flour, 1 cup fried rice flour, 2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp ginger chilli paste, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp sesame seeds and 1 tsp salt.
- Add 1 tbsp fresh coriander and mix all the ingredients.
- Add some water to make the batter.
- Take an aluminium tray and grease it with oil.
- Add the batter in the tray and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Keep the tray in the steamer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done, move it to a plate and cut it into pieces.
- Take another kadai and heat oil for deep frying.
- Now, deep fry the vadis in oil.
- Lastly, drain the excess oil and serve it with coconut chutney.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.