Usal is a popular Maharashtrian curry dish that is perfect for breakfast or evening snack that can be enjoyed with bread or roti. It is made using different sprouts and pulses and flavoured with Indian spices. But have you ever heard of Jwarichi Usal? Well, many of us know this crop to be popularly used for making Jwarichi Bhakri(roti) but today our guest chef Ashwini Pathrikar is showing us a fusion of these two traditional recipes that is Jwarichi Usal.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 medium bowl sorghum (soaked in water for 7 to 8 hours and boiled in the cooker with 7 whistles)
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 12 tsp sev
- 1 tsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp boiled green peas and corn
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a frying pan and heat 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin, 5 to 6 curry leaves, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tbsp chopped tomato, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar and 1 medium bowl sorghum.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp boiled corn and peas, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp grated coconut, 2 tsp sev and serve it in a plate.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.