All of us wish to eat healthily and stay fit but the Khavayya in us can’t really resist when it comes to delicious deep-fried appetisers. Today our expert chef Devwrat Jategaonkar shares a memory of his friend who had good control over his tastebuds and asked the chef to make something tasty by including healthy veggies in it. And this is how our expert chef thought of preparing a Lebanese delicacy named Hummus Toast’ with a desi twist. Do you wish to try this recipe in your kitchen? Then check out the step by step directions below.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 garlic bread loaf
- 1 avocado
- 5 tbsp boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp coloured peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp charmagaz seeds
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seeds paste)
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a mixer container and add 5 tbsps of boiled chickpeas, 1 tbsp garlic, 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp tahini paste, 1 tbsp water and make a fine paste.
- Now take a garlic bread loaf and cut it into slices.
- Take a frying pan and toast the bread.
- Next, take the bread slices and spread the hummus paste on it.
- Now garnish the bread slices with avocado slices, coloured peppers, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, charmagaz seeds, black sesame seeds and roasted sesame seeds.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.