Gutha is a traditional Maharashtrian delicacy that is served during the winter season. Made with a mix of Chana dal and Urad dal, this gravy dish also has herbs and spices to give it a spicy twist. Today our guest chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayee is showing this simple dish which is made in three easy steps.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 bowl boiled urad dal mixed with chana dal
- 1 tsp garam masala
- coriander for garnishing
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp green chilli paste (which also includes ginger, garlic, coconut)
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a kadai and add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin, 7 to 8 curry leaves, 2 tsp green chilli paste, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp chopped tomato, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 bowl of boiled urad dal and 1 cup water.
- Mix it nicely and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish it with coriander.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.