Garlic is known to have a strong flavour of its own and making a dessert dish seem nearly impossible. But today our guest chef Kshitija is showing us the recipe of Garlic Kheer which is prepared for the women post their pregnancy to give them strength. This dessert recipe was originated in the royal kitchen during the Mughal era and was named as Benami Kheer to keep garlic as the secret ingredient.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 peeled garlic cloves soaked in vinegar for 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp mawa
- 1 tsp dry fruit
- 1 tsp dry fruit powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Kesar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Take a frying pan and add half glass water.
- Add the garlic in the water and boil it.
- Once done, remove the water and add fresh water.
- Repeat this process for two more times.
- Next, take a bowl and add 1 tbsp mawa, 2 tsp rice flour, 1 tsp diced garlic and mix it using 1 tsp milk.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Take another frying pan and add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Shallow fry the mawa balls. take a Kadai and add 1 glass milk, 1 tsp Kesar, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp dry fruit powder, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp dry fruits, 2 tsp diced garlic and lastly add mawa balls.
- Let it cook for a few minutes and transfer it to a serving bowl.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.