Coconut rice is a traditional dish made in different parts of India for different festivals. In Maharashtra, this dish is prepared on the auspicious festival of Narali Purnima. The Hindu fishermen communities celebrate this festival as it is the beginning of the fishing season. With the richness of dry fruits and aroma of cardamom and cloves, this dish is absolutely delicious.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 bowl rice soaked in water for 45 minutes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 5 cardamom
- 8 cloves
- 1 tsp Kesar
- 1 tbsp cashews
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- Take a kadai and add 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp cashews, 1 tbsp almonds, 1 tbsp raisins.
- Roast the dry fruits and move them to a dish.
- Meanwhile, take another kadai and heat 1 glass water in it.
- Next, add 8 cloves, 5 cardamoms, 1 bowl rice and 1 tsp kesar in the kadai with ghee.
- Now add the boiling water to the rice.
- Add salt to balance the taste.
- Cover the rice with a lid and let it cook for some time.
- Next, add 1 cup shredded coconut, 1 cup jaggery powder, roasted dry fruits and 1 tbsp ghee.
- Mix it nicely and cover it with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once done, transfer it to a serving dish and serve it hot.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.