Bored with the regular chicken gravy and rice? Here’s a dish that may look like a starter but is actually fulfilling a meal. Chicken Rice Balls With Sauce is perfect dish that can be added to the Sunday brunch menu as it has sauteed chicken, steamed rice and mixed herbs. Interesting isn’t it? Without much ado, let’s learn the recipe from our guest chef Aarti.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp steamed chicken pieces
- 1/2 bowl steamed rice
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp colourful capsicum
- 1 cup crushed jeera butter
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil leaves
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- 3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
Chicken Rice Balls:
- Take a frying pan and add 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tbsp steamed chicken pieces, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp chilli flakes and turn off the gas.
- Now add 1 tbsp shredded cheese and sauté.
- Once done transfer it to a bowl.
- Next, take 1/2 bowl steamed rice in a bowl and add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1/2 tbsp cornflour and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients make a puri.
- Add the chicken in the centre and cover it. (you can add extra cheese)
- Roll the ball in the crushed jeera butter.
- Similarly, make more balls and deep fry them in oil.
- Take a frying pan and add 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp diced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped tomato, 1 tbsp basil leaves, 1 tsp dry rosemary, 1 cup tomato puree, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp tomato ketchup and 1 tbsp colourful capsicum.
- Lastly, add the chicken rice balls in the sauce and serve it hot.
So, when are you planning to try out this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.