It most households, Kothimbirvadi and Aluvadi are popular side dishes on festivals or weekends. But did you know cabbage which is mostly used in salads has now become a favourite option for making snacks. Today our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye is showing us the recipe of Cabbage Vadya.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 medium bowl shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste (cumin’s, garlic, coriander and green chillies)
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin’s
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and add 1 bowl shredded cabbage, 2 tbsp gram flour, 2 tbsp rice flour, 1 tsp cumin’s powder, 1 tsp coriander seeds powder, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp white sesame seeds, 1 tbsp green chilli paste and salt to taste.
- Now add water and mix it nicely.
- Take a wet piece of cloth and spread the mixture on it.
- Sprinkle some cumin seeds on it and fold it.
- Place the roll in the steamer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once done, take out the roll and cut it into even pieces.
- Take a kadai and enough oil to deep fry the vadya.
- Deep the vadya for 5 mins and serve it with curd or tomato ketchup.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.