Beguni is a popular Bengali dish which is also known as Bengan Bhaja. Made with brinjal slices dipped in the mix of besan and spices, this dish is a must-try in the monsoon season. Today our expert chef Devwrat Jategaonkar will be showing us the recipe of Beguni.To double the excitement, he will also be including veggies like spinach leaves, zucchini and not to forget our favourite onions.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- 6 brinjal slices
- 6 spinach leaves
- 6 onion slices
- 6 zucchini slices
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (khas khas)
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a bowl and add zucchini slices, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 ts red chilli powder and mix it.
- Keep the zucchini aside for a few moments.
- Take another bowl and add 2 cups gram flour, 2 tbsp rice flour, 1 tsp poppy seeds, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and lastly add 1 cup water and mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Take a Kadai and heat oil for deep frying the bhajiyas.
- Now, take the zucchini slices, dip them in the batter and deep fry them in the oil.
- In the same way, deep fry the brinjal slices, onions slices and Spinach leaves.
- Once done, drain the excess oil and serve them in a plate.
So, when are you planning to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye also streaming on ZEE5.