Patolya is a typical Marathi sweet dish which is made on Banana leaf. Thanks to the ongoing mango season, our expert chef of Aamhi Saare Khavayye has shared the recipe of this mouthwatering dish, Mango Patolya. Without much delay, let’s get started.
Watch this recipe below:
Cooking time: 25-30 mins
- 1 medium bowl jaggery
- 1 medium bowl Mango Pulp
- 1 medium bowl shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Banana Leaf
- Take a kadai and heat ghee in it.
- Add 1 medium bowl shredded coconut and 1 medium bowl shredded jaggery and mix it nicely.
- Add 1 medium bowl mango pulp in it and stir it.
- Cover the kadai with the lid and let it cook on steam.
- Next, add 2 tbsp rice flour and 1 tsp cardamom powder and mix it.
- Allow the mix to cool down.
- Take a banana leaf and apply some water on it.
- Take a small portion of the mix and spread it on the leaf in the shape of vadi.
- Similarly, make the rest of the vadis.
- Put on the steamer.
- Fold the leaf and keep it into the steamer for 10 minutes.
- The best way to know if it is cooked or not is by the colour of the banana leaf. If it has changed then your vadi is ready.
- Serve it with ghee.
When are your trying this recipe? Lets us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
For more interesting recipes, keep watching Aamhi Saare Khavayye streaming on ZEE5.