Agga Bai Sasubai’s loving mother-in-law Asawari is back home and is seen tending to her ‘babdya’ Soham’s tantrums. In a recent episode, we saw how Ajoba helped Shubhra regain her self respect by supporting her against Soham’s blames. But Asawari is not convinced and she returns home when Abhijeet tells her that the old man needs her more, given the current situation. Asawari is amused and proud of how Shubhra has taken up all of her responsibilities including cooking.
Shubhra is seen preparing the meals and doing all the chores her own way which annoys Asawari a bit but she keeps quiet as she thinks this is not her place to interfere anymore. But Soham is continuing to be a pain for Shubhra. In a recent incident, we saw him throwing a fit at the breakfast table, refusing to eat Shubhra’s oats upma, which is evidently praised by everyone else. Asawari then decides to make one of Soham’s favorite dishes – Thalipeeth.
Watch the episode of the show Agga Bai Sasubai here.
Asawari might have had to hear an earful from Shubhra for spoiling Soham but the fact that Thalipeeth is a favorite of Soham’s, is completely relatable! So do you want to try this quick and easy recipe, Asawari style? Note down the ingredients and the preparation from the description below.
Ingredients required for Thalipeeth:
- 1 bowl of boiled sweet potato
- 1 bowl of mashed boiled potatoes
- 1 bowl of mashed boiled radish
- 2 cups of cornflour
- 4 teaspoons of tamarind juice
- 1 cup of groundnut powder
- 4 teaspoons of green chutney
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder and cumin seeds
Once you have all the required ingredients, follow the recipe below to cook the yummy and filling Thalipeeth:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and add water the mixture becomes like a thick gravy.
2. Use your hand and make some dough out of this batter.
3. Take a pan and spread little oil on it.
4. Use both your hands to create a round structure out of the dough. Make sure it is of medium thickness.
5. Place this on the pan and turn over when brown.
6. Serve this hot with curd or sauce.
So, are you ready to make this simple and lip-smacking dish for breakfast tomorrow? Share with us in the comments below about how it turned out!
Don’t forget to stream more recipes of the show Amhi Saare Khavayye on ZEE5!